How do I get a work permit?

The first thing you need to do in order to get a work permit following a DUI arrest or a conviction would be to enroll in and then successfully complete the DUI school. Once you have proof of completion of the DUI school, you need to request a hearing with the Department of Motor Vehicles. They will then make a determination as to whether or not they will issue the work permit.