About Carrie S. Proctor
Experienced Ocala Criminal Defense Lawyer
Ms. Proctor next worked for the Marion County Sheriff’s Office as Senior Staff Attorney. Her responsibilities as Senior Staff Attorney, included defending the Sheriff’s Office in various types of litigation, acting as a liaison with the judiciary, and advising the Sheriff’s Command Staff on a variety of legal issues. In addition, Carrie was responsible for the legal training of the Sheriff’s deputies and represented the Sheriff’s Office, City of Dunnellon and City of Ocala in forfeiture proceedings.
In 2001, Ms. Proctor made the decision to become an advocate of the accused and became an Ocala criminal defense attorney She has aggressively defended adults and juveniles accused of various crimes including but not limited to DUI, Drug charges, Domestic Violence, Battery, Assault, Theft and Violations of Probation. In addition, Ms. Proctor has handled hundreds of Injunction for Protection Cases as well as Civil Forfeiture Proceedings.
Ms. Proctor understands the stress involved in being accused of the commission of a crime and the seriousness of having your freedom at stake. She is well versed in all aspects of the Ocala criminal Justice system and handles each client’s criminal defense personally to ensure that her extensive experience and unique background will provide the best criminal defense and outcome possible.
Professional Associations / Experience
- Marion County Bar Association
- Marion County Association of Criminal Defense
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Adjunct Instructor/ College of Central Florida Police Academy
- Teacher- Webster College Paralegal Program
- University of Florida College of Law- Juris Doctorate
- University of Florida- Bachelors Degree
- FBI Academy – Legal Studies Training